Time Active Automobile Cleaning services Explains: – Automobile cleaning
The term “car detailing” has been widely used in Auto sector for some time but it is still not often understood in the India. To confuse matters, an ever increasing number of companies are using the term simply because they sometimes polish (mop) a car or offer valeting.
Car detailing really isn’t defined by one single process but is instead a term that covers a wide variety of techniques and products which, to get the best results, require considerable skill to apply.
A valeter may get your car clean by typically spending an hour or less on it and a bodyshop may quickly run a polisher over your car to remove a few marks, but neither can be classified as detailing.
A few of the differences a professional detailer brings to improving your car include:
• Knowledge – a technical understanding of every aspect of a car’s finish (we have many of experience)
• Equipment – state of the art products combined with many £ 1000’s worth of equipment
• Time – a typical detail can take anywhere from 10 to 30 or more hours of labour to complete
• Aftercare – being willing and able to provide extensive after service support
• Paint protection – not only knowing how to improve the look but also ensuring that it stays that way
• Results driven – we produce guaranteed high quality results for a fixed price and are not time limited
There isn’t really one globally adopted definition for what detailers do, but the one we think comes the closest is:
“The systematic rejuvenation and protection of the various surfaces of a vehicle.”
Breaking this definition down:
• Systematic – we use a series of well ordered procedures to achieve the most effective and efficient results
• Rejuvenation – what we do is aimed at (within limits) getting your car to beyond showroom condition. What is involved in doing this varies from car to car but can include processes such as machine polishing, paintwork cleansing, claying, leather conditioning, engine bay re-conditioning, glass polishing, etc. None of these in itself define “detailing” but are simply among the tools available to a professional detailer
• Protection – once the vehicle has been “rejuvenated” we will apply products to help keep it in top condition. These range from waxes/sealants to leather conditioners, UV vinyl protection and upholstery dirt repellents
• Various surfaces – cars are quite naturally made from many different materials and they all require their own specific type of treatment and understanding
By combining our extensive experience with a well ordered and practiced approach to car detailing and ensuring that we have researched and tested every product, we are able to guarantee the highest quality results.
The Benefits of Detailing Your Car
Every car is different, but in general, a thorough detail will leave just about every surface of the vehicle improved; from beautifully glossy and slick feeling paint to UV protected, low sheen rubber and vinyl, cleaned and conditioned leather and sparkling chrome. The difference is dramatic and not one that can be achieved by valeting.
When you consider how expensive it would be to respray your car, detailing represents very good value for money. We can preserve the original paint while often achieving amazing results.
For a good variety of examples of what can be achieved, our gallery includes a selection of the cars that we have detailed and below is a summary of just some of the benefits:
1. Removing marks and reducing fading in paint – rejuvenating paint by removing/reducing existing fading, swirls, scratches, etching, etc. and at the same time ensuring it stays in better condition for longer
2. A stunning looking finish – Detailed cars really do stand out. From Fiestas to Ferraris, our customers are often surprised at how much better their car looks even if they have been regularly looking after it themselves
3. A car which is easier to clean and tends to stay cleaner, longer – the slickness brought about by extensive decontamination and protective treatments keeps the dirt from sticking quite so easily
4. Providing long term protection – By removing contaminants which can eat into the finish (leather, chrome, vinyl, paint, etc.) and then where appropriate, sealing it, your car will stay in top condition for longer
5. Helping to retain the value of your car – a well presented car will always sell better and a detail takes things to the next level with cars often looking better than new and standing out from the rest
6. An extensive paint inspection – Our substantial knowledge of paintwork combined with high tech gauges and inspection lamps allows us to spot most existing or possible future issues and provide free advice
1. A gentle citrus based pre-wash treatment of the exterior of your car (including wheels)
2. A thorough clean of the wheels using a gentle acting solution (repeated multiple times as appropriate)
3. Wheels treated with a gentle tar remover (repeated multiple times as appropriate)
4. Extra time spent on all wheel details using specialist brushes and gentle cleansing products
5. A foaming of the exterior of your car using a custom cleaning and conditioning solution followed by a rinse
6. A further gentle pre-wash treatment to loosen more stubborn dirt
7. A wash of the outside of your car and wheels using a high quality shampoo and lambs wool mitt
8. Hand wheel arch cleaning
9. A rinse and hand dry of your car (includes the application of a special solution to aid drying)
10. High-speed, filtered, warm air drying of all shut lines and external fittings
11. A thorough cleanse of all door, bonnet and boot shuts
12. Gentle removal of any remaining bugs and tar from the exterior paintwork
Exterior glass cleaning
1. Detailed cleaning of all badges/car logos using specialist brushes and detailing swabs
2. An interior detail including:
3. Glass cleaning
4. Vacuuming and dust removal
5. Vinyl and rubber cleaning and treatment
6. Leather cleaning and conditioning
1. An exterior claying to remove surface contaminants and leave the paintwork very smooth
2. An exterior vinyl/rubber treatment which includes UV protection
3. Cleaning and polishing of any chrome/aluminium surfaces
4. A full Refine Paint Correction Service
5. Polishing of all exterior glass
6. A light polishing of all exterior light clusters
7. A light cleanse of the paintwork to remove any polish residue
8. Wheel exteriors lightly clayed to lift off further contaminants
Protect and Final Finish
1. A clean and buff of the wheels using a high grade wheel polish and sealant
2. The application of a high quality tyre dressing (with UV protection)
3. Plastic wheel arch interiors dressed to provide protection and leave them with a deep black colour
4. 2 stage premium sealant application to provide long-life paint protection
5. A layer of high quality carnauba wax applied to provide a stunning wet-look finish
6. All exterior shut lines given a final brush out and clean
7. Paintwork given a further gentle buffing and a concours detailing spray applied to further enhance the shine
8. The car is thoroughly re-inspected to ensure that nothing has been overlooked
How Much Time will be Spent on My Car?
A Showroom Detail typically takes a total of between 2 and 5 hours of work (depending on car type, size and condition). As two detailers will be working on your car the actual elapsed time to complete the service will naturally be less than this and the detail can usually be completed within a single day.
How Much Will the Detail Cost?
One fixed price for almost any car: Rs.3500
There may be an additional cost if :
You have a particularly large vehicle such as a Jaguar XJ LWB, Maybach, certain MPVs or SUVs, etc.
You have a rare or classic car that requires extra special attention
Your car’s interior requires work for issues such as staining, mud, pet hairs, odours, etc.